Friday, June 3, 2011

Very rough idle and missing after changing timing belts????

I have a 2003 Hyundai Sonata 2.4L 4cyl. I was told by the seller that the belts had been changed. Apparently I was misinformed.





I replaced the timing belts and crankshaft position sensor after the belts broke.


I went to the hmaservice and alldata websites and followed the step by step instructions for doing this. But both sites are very confusing.





The car starts but idles very rough. It smooths out at about 1500 rpms but has a miss.





Is the motor pretty much done for? Or is there still a chance I just may be missing something? If so, what?





I%26#039;m disabled and on a fixed income so I can%26#039;t afford a mechanic.





I%26#039;ve tried to contact the seller but he won%26#039;t even return my phone calls. I thought maybe he would at least help with some of the cost.





This has been a very difficult and costly ordeal for me.


Is there anybody who could help shed some light on why this car won%26#039;t run properly?





Much Thanks to those who reply.|||The guy isn%26#039;t answering the phone 莽ause he lied to you.


You have the damage to your engine. You need to find a lawyer, one who will wrk pro bono until you get restitution and threaten this guy financially as he misled a buyer and that is illegal. Find a justice league lawyer, Ask your disablity association for some guidance on this one


Push the issue with the seller. If you were in Missouri I would see about repairing it for you, I hate jerks like that!!!|||Are you sure you did not move the crankshaft when you replaced the timing bellt. If so you probably need to adjust the timing. You could have knocked something off of adjustment when you installed the new belts.|||When the timing belt breaks it often means that the pistons will hit the inlet and exhaust valves, often resulting in considerable damage to the inside of the engine.





It%26#039;s also possible that you have installed the timing belt incrrectly but that is not normally characterized by a miss on only one cylinder.





To be sure, have a mechanic perform a compression test and check your valve timing.|||compression test to see if you bent a valve make sure you got the belt on without turning the pully|||You are going to have to remove the cylinder head and check for internal damage for a valve hitting the piston when the belt broke. !st do a compression test to find out which cylinder or cylinders have low compression. More than likely you have a bend valve or a hole in one of your pistons from the belt breaking. This will end up being a costly repair for you, Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment